Sunday, January 2, 2011

And the New Year Begins!!

As the New Year was approaching, and I was frantically finishing up sewing projects for gifts, I was always thinking how I wanted to make this year amazing! I have definitely set goals, but more so, I have dreams that I would like to fulfill! And I am going to BELIEVE!! Believe I can do anything I put my mind too!!

This past year, I was able to submit some projects to possibly be published. It was a first for me, I was nervous, excited, apprehensive, and to be honest was rather uncertain. But as I busily sewed away at my wee machine, the excitement grew, and the confidence escalated, and I must say I was very content with what I submitted. However, the first round, my projects were not accepted (projects are still being looked at so there is still lots of excitement and hope). To be honest, I looked at this as a learning experience, and trust me I learned a great deal. But the biggest thing I learned is that having my work published is a dream, something I never really even thought possible so never let my mind go there. However, this year, I am going to work my hardest to have this dream come true!  A girls has gotta dream big, and I am doing just that!!

I am also going to sit down and start something just for me! I am going to start my Dear Jane quilt. In away, it has started as I have all the fabric for this beauty. But now I need to take that first step, nah...I mean just jump in with both feet and get it going!!

As for blogging, oh I have great ideas for here as well! I am planning on blogging much more this year! Meet many more new friends and keep in touch with the great friends I have met already. I am hoping to have a few give aways through out the year. I am planning on sharing my opinions of products I have tried. Oh I think this list could go on and on and on! But I would really like my blog to be a place of fun, happy and inspiration!!

Have a great night all!! Off to get some binding done!!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Harriet Tubman

1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

Those are great plans, Christine! May all your dreams come true this year!